Sunday, May 8, 2011

The week ahead....

Yesterday, I had the fun idea to document this week before travels by "quoting" some of my favorites- the Barenaked Ladies.  This brilliant idea came when I woke up thinking, "Wow.  In one week I'll be heading to Africa."... which of course led to my head singing "One Week" by BNL.  Then I realized that a musical countdown might be just what I need to get ready to go.

Let us begin.

In honor of my original thought, here's yesterday's song:




I can't quite grasp that in one week, we'll be headed to Africa.  Yesterday I spent some time not prepping for my trip, but praying for John and Laurie's "new" children.  I painted things to be hung in their rooms, and decorated some candles which I used to decorate a table since Laurie was coming over for dinner.  (Which, btw, we ate outside on our new deck!)  It was a super time to re-focus from my "to-do" list and think just about those precious children who are coming to be part of their forever family.

And, as if that wasn't enough goodness for yesterday, I spent the morning celebrating Mary's life by walking in the Race for the Cure.  I had several precious friends join my team, and I'm thankful for each of them.  I'm especially thankful for sweet Sara who walked the whole thing with me (and ran every time we passed our No Boundaries people... and when we crossed the finish line.)

 a little excited at the Finish Line...
 one of my favorite HillSongers was there, too!!
 E loved the pink everywhere, and asked for her picture by the Ribbon
post-race... It Is Well With My Soul

Today has been a near perfect Mother's Day.  My sweet girl fixed me breakfast- a NutriGrain Bar and cheese.  (This is her chosen breakfast most days of the week.)  Then she brought in the gifts she bought me- a Barbie (so I don't have to use hers when we play Barbies) and a kids book on prayer (so I can read it to her and we can learn more about God.)
 I should have taken the pic after I opened them... but you can see how proud she is...


After a super church service complete with Baby Dedication, we met my mom for lunch in Hickory.  I love being so close to Asheville... it makes a quick hour trip for lunch do-able.  E loves being able to see all of her grandparents whenever she can, and today was no different.


After lunch we were treated to E's first nail salon experience... and it was a win.  She asked if we could go back tomorrow. 
Matching toes...
 
E wanted to show off her nails, which also were painted, too.


Overall, a beautiful day.  And in the tradition of all good BNL things, I give you the song of the day- in honor of the woman who taught me how to love, how to laugh, how to dream big, and how to fold towels... Jane.



2 comments:

Courtney said...

Do you have the BNL kids album. It's kind of our favorite around here. Seriously. It's fabulous.

Claire Wait said...

Nutrigrain bar and cheese? Sounds like that girl's ready for pregnancy. Seriously, that's a pretty good balance of fiber, iron, and protein. Props to her.