I am leaving in a few hours to go home to be with Mary and Daddy... Mary has been admitted to the Hospice Care center in Asheville. The last week has been an emotional roller coaster. So, to distract my brain before I head out, I thought I'd give you a distraction, too.... (Why on earth do you people continue to read this crap?)
1. I changed my passwords recently to my "big" accounts, and now I can't remember what they are. So I change them again. And then can't remember what they are. (Vicious cycle, repeat repeat.)
2. I sent someone an email today about being able to kiss Jon Stewart flat-footed, because he's so short. Three things about this you should realize: a. I know how tall he is, b. I may or may not have thought through what kissing him would entail, c.my husband is not super tall, so I kinda stand flat-footed to kiss him, too.
3. I love the smell, look, and feel of a clean house. Sadly, mine doesn't make it there often enough.
4. I read, on average, one book a week. Sometimes more, sometimes less. That's why it's called "average".
5. I did better at math than verbal on my SAT. Weird, huh?
6. One of my best gifts ever was in 2001 when, for my birthday, people wrote me letters about our friendship. I'm thinking about asking for that again. You have 33 days, people... get to writing.
7. My BFF from high school and I are going to be together on Saturday night. Watch out, we might roll your yard.
8. Speaking of... my mom drove me to the house for the first yard I ever rolled. Along with some friends. On a morning, on the way to school.
9. In addition to Jon Stewart, right now I am in love with a 2 month old baby boy named Will. I almost kidnapped him last night, then again today.
10. I get fired up when I hear that people underpay babysitters. (Friend keeping Elizabeth tomorrow afternoon? This does not apply to you. :) Thanks!)
11. I am horrible about getting books then not reading them. This does not apply to fiction. This is only "real" books that make me "think". I blame the Book Table at Windy Gap for starting this bad habit.
12. I am having a Christmas Party this year complete with a Wind Quintet. And I am not joking.
13. I pulled out my 2002-2003 calendar this week and have been reading it like it's a novel. I can tell you when I went to Chili's with Heather, when I had my "first date" with Laurie, when I went to Lucky 32 with Carrie and Brian, and when I passed out and spent the morning in the ER.
14. I keep all my old calendars. (Need a good read? I'll gladly let you check one out.)
15. I love office supplies.
16. I hate coconut.
17. I don't use the phrase "LOL" but I actually do it a lot when reading things.
18. I do, however, use that dern smiley face a lot. :) And it kinda gets on my nerves. :)
19. When I get attached to college students and they leave college ministry, I mourn.
20. I hate cancer.
Stay tuned, people... there's always more to come. (Seriously... why do you keep reading this? I am a waste of your time.)