Tuesday, October 12, 2010

23rd hour update...

Because life tends to be not what we intend...

Dan and I were woken up today at 4:11 (the same time she woke me up a couple weeks ago... that is either her witching hour or I need to put new batteries in my bedroom clock) with Little Miss E wanting to come sleep in our room.  I caved, then she was so fidgety I told her we'd go back to her room.  In what quickly became a Hinton-James-Freshman-Year flashback, I said "E, are you gonna throw up?" and she said "No, Momma, I'm not gonna.... *insert yarf here*".  Yep.  For the 4th time in two and a half weeks, she had the pukes.

For the next two and a half hours, Dan and I held hair back, helped wash her mouth out, rubbed her back, and loved on that girl.

Today we took her to the doctor (again) and were given some help.  Our A-M-A-Z-I-N-G doctor told us that she'd seen nothing but tummy problems today at work... so there is comfort in that... but seriously.  We're ready for a break.  (And she HAS to get better before her birthday!)

So my time of prayer today wasn't exactly what I'd hoped.  Granted, it was totally good (and a little puke-focused in the wee hours of the morning)... but it left me wanting a bit more.  (Funny how that works, eh?)  I'm committing another day to that focus... keep hittin' me up, people.  It's been a joy and an honor to pray for you today.

Oh, and it was also a joy and an honor to watch Glee.  Did anyone else catch that Kurt has great handwriting and put "Elizabeth" as his middle name?

I'll be talkin' to ya...

2 comments:

essbesee said...

I think I'm the only person who hasn't ever watched glee. SO sorry to hear E. is so sick again. w. is crying...looks like he'll be in bed with me momentarily.

Anonymous said...

I was looking for Advise on breaking up and found this great site www.saveabreakup.com I gotta admit its great and it worked for me and helped me a lot.